Thursday, June 25, 2009

RIP Michael Jackson, Laptop Fixed, and my up next...

So, I got my laptop back, which will allow me to ramp up my posting as I had planned before.  I'd like to cover Obama's moves with the Bioethics Council, the implications of the events in Iran, healthcare, my frustration with Amnesty International, and some brief comments on the Citi pay "scandal."

The world just lost one of its most talented men, though, and I'd be remiss to ignore it.  All of the allegations and criticisms aside, Michael Jackson was an entertainment genius, and in many ways seemed to me to be a very good man.  Requiscat in Pace.

Some of my favorite of his lyrics:

"I've Been A Victim Of A Selfish
Kind Of Love
It's Time That I Realize
That There Are Some With No
Home, Not A Nickel To Loan
Could It Be Really Me,
Pretending That They're Not
Alone?"

"I can hear your prayers
Your burdens I will bear
But first I need your hand
Then forever can begin
Everyday I sit and ask myself
How did love slip away
Something whispers in my ear and says
That you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay"

"What have we done to the world 
Look what we've done 
What about all the peace 
That you pledge your only son... 
What about flowering fields 
Is there a time 
What about all the dreams 
That you said was yours and mine... 
Did you ever stop to notice 
All the children dead from war 
Did you ever stop to notice 
The crying Earth, the weeping shores 

I used to dream 
I used to glance beyond the stars 
Now I don't know where we are 
Although I know we've drifted far "


"Weary
Tell me will you hold me
When wrong, will you scold me
When lost will you find me? 

But they told me
A man should be faithful
And walk when not able
And fight till the end
But Im only human"

No comments:

Post a Comment